Southwest Florida motorists should pay close attention at Lee County’s most dangerous intersections, where serious car accidents are often a weekly occurrence.
Florida injury lawyers and personal injury attorneys often deal with serious personal injury cases resulting from car accidents, motorcycle accidents and trucking accidents at dangerous intersections in Fort Myers, Bonita Springs, North Fort Myers, Cape Coral and Lehigh Acres.
According to the Lee County Department of Transportation, 103,550 vehicles a day passed through the intersection of U.S. 41 and Cypress Lake/Daniels Parkway in the most recent year for which statistics are available. The 106 accidents, or almost two a week, make the Fort Myers intersection home to the most accidents in Southwest Florida.
However, Gunnery Road/Daniels Parkway and State Road 82 had the highest accident rate when figured by traffic volume — 53 crashes, or more than one a week, despite serving just 32,950 cars a day, or less than one-third the number of cars at U.S. 41 and Daniels.
Below is a listing of some of the area’s most dangerous intersections. Note that an intersection could have a smaller number of total accidents but rank higher in overall accident rate (accidents per vehicle) because of the amount of overall traffic at that intersection.
Dangerous intersections in Fort Myers led to a high number of car accidents at the following locations:
– Cypress Lake/Daniels Parkway and U.S. 41: 106 annual crashes is the most overall. Ranks 9th highest of 117 rated intersections according to the rate of accident per vehicle.
– Gladiolus Dr/Six Mile Cypress and U.S. 41: 94 annual crashes is second-highest overall. Ranks 11th of 117 rated intersections according to the rate of accidents per vehicle.
– College Parkway/Woodland Boulevard and U.S. 41: 79 crashes is third-highest overall. Ranks 13th of 117 rated intersections according to the rate of accidents per vehicle.
– Colonial Boulevard and Ortiz/Six Mile Cypress: 77 annual crashes is fourth highest overall. Ranks 16th highest of 117 rated intersections when adjusted for overall traffic figures.
Dangerous intersections in Lehigh Acres led to a high number of car accidents and other crashes:
– Gunnery Road/Daniels Parkway and SR 82: 53 accidents gives it the highest rate of accidents per vehicle of the 117 rated intersections in Lee County.
-Gunnery Road N and Lee Boulevard: 45 accidents gives it the 6th highest accident rate of 117 rated intersections in Lee County.
Dangerous accidents in Bonita Springs, Estero, San Carlos Park areas contribute to a large number of car accidents and other crashes:
– Corkscrew Road and Three Oaks Parkway: 43 accidents gives it the 7th highest accident rate of 117 rated intersections.
– Corkscrew Road and I-75 Exit 123 Northbound Ramp: 23 accidents is the 9th highest accident rate of 117 rated intersections.
– Alico Road and U.S. 41: 54 accidents is 17th overall.
– Bonita Beach Road and U.S. 41: 52 accidents is 24th highest accident rate of the 117 rated intersections.
North Fort Myers and Cape Coral intersections that have a high rate of car accidents and other crashes:
-Pondella Road and U.S. 41: 62 accidents is the 4th highest rate of the 117 rated intersections.
– Del Prado Boulevard S. and Veteran’s Parkway: 64 accidents is 12th highest rate of accidents of the 117th rated intersections.
– Pine Island Road and U.S. 41: 55 accidents is 15th highest rate of 117 rated intersections.
Click here for a complete list of intersections.
If you or someone you loved has been seriously injured or killed in an accident, there are certain things you can do to help protect your rights. Florida injury lawyers offer free appointments to discuss your case at offices throughout Southwest Florida, including Naples, Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Venice, Sebring, Port Charlotte and Arcadia.